Meet your instructor:
Jill Pestana is a physicist, engineer, and entrepreneur. She developed The STEM Thrive Guides after her career was nearly derailed by workplace harassment. She currently works as a Technical Director at Electric Goddess, consulting on battery systems in electric vehicles.
You deserve to and have a right to feel safe and comfortable in your school or workplace.
This guide is specifically designed for undergraduate students, graduate students, post docs, and professionals working and learning in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
It includes more exercises, information, and real-life scenario examples to learn the ins and outs of navigating harassment, as well as an entire chapter dedicated to developing positive, supportive professional relationships.
In this guide you will:
Learn how to recognize bias & harassment
Develop skills to heal from and navigate workplace harassment
Learn how to document & report harassment if you choose to
Understand the root of why you may experience harassment & bias
Click the following chapter links to access each chapter of the guide:
- Chapter 1: Welcome & Introduction to Course
- Chapter 2: Reflection on Previous Experiences involving Bias, Harassment, and Discrimination
- Chapter 3: How to Recognize Bias, Harassment, and Discrimination + Your Local Legal Protections
- Chapter 4: Self-Care & Emotional Intelligence Development
- Chapter 5: How to Navigate Real-Life Situations of Bias, Harassment, and Discrimination
- Chapter 6: Developing Professional Relationships
- Chapter 7: Identifying Gaslighting in STEM Fields
- Chapter 8: Course Conclusions Review